Sunday 22 March 2009

40::26 Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I've had a lovely day being treated by my family to a wonderful breakfast in bed (fruit salad and almond croissant - mmm), no cooking or dishwashing (utter bliss) and some sweet handmade cards. Most unexpected present came from my oldest son - "Close your eyes, hold my hand...SURPRISE!!". Surprise indeed, he had tidied his bedroom, a very fine treat indeed. He was pleased with himself and I was almost overcome with love...

I've also been remembering my wonderful Mum. I love this picture of her taken in the 50s when she was pregnant with my big sister. Now I'm a mother, I am so aware of what an amazing person she was, and so thankful for her.

This afternoon we spent an hour or two looking at the boys baby videos, which amused them greatly and made us all clucky and tender. How tired we looked! But what wonderful memories of tiny toes and fingers, first little smiles and baby cooing.
Today reminds me how precious is all of human life. A gift.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment