Wednesday 7 October 2009

Digging and Dreaming

Of all my gardening experiments this year, the one that has given us most pleasure visually (as opposed to all the edible pleasures we have enjoyed), has been a new flowerbed planted up with annuals. I grew these beautiful girls from seed. Some did better than others, but I am chuffed to bits with the Cosmos, which has been flowering for about 3 months, and is bravely flowering on despite our first frost yesterday. I like drawing my flowers sometimes, but look at Geninne's paintings in her diary (her Cosmos are just in flower in Mexico City). Just lovely.

But I know all too soon, the flowers will decide it is just far too cold to be out and about. So in between other things I have been running out and sticking in a few bulbs every now and then. I've had some help - especially with the watering can...but he is most disappointed that there is nothing to show for all his hard four year old work....but I'm dreaming of golden daffy days ahead...


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment