Saturday 23 February 2013

Simple Stitching


As the days inch their way, a little longer, and as I have more and more precious natural light, then I know it is the time to return to my sewing machine. It's always a lovely feeling, a rush of energy and creativity. And with good reason, as several friends and  family members get ready to welcome their new babes.


The only thing I bought in the sales this year was a copy of Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings.  This is a lovely book, full of projects and not just for babies! Her techniques and construction are really good, with attention to detail and some wonderful ideas. I've made a pile of 'Quick Change Trousers' which I would have loved for my boys when they were that tiny. Fully reversible, which is a such a good idea for speedy transformations of mucky little ones.


Boys clothes are often not very exciting, so it was great to be able to go a bit wild with colours, which I think their parents won't mind. Also for another wee one, a simple jumper on the needles, now almost finished.


Small and satisfying, just perfect for brushing away the winter cobwebs.

1 comment:

  1. ...and I am that VERY lucky family member to get gifted these gorgeous trousers for my sweet new twin boys. We love them cuz - proper thank you card on it's way soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete