Monday 8 April 2013

Back to the 80s!


Some good friends turned 50 recently and threw an 80s party in our village hall. As we were teenagers then it wasn't hard to come up with costumes. I was very happy to spend the night dancing with one of my teenage crushes, Robert Smith of The Cure! And doing his makeup, no less (his and hers black eyeliner, yikes!). The boys went as Luke Skywalker and a Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle. I just went as my younger backcombed self, a look that can only be described as Oxfam chic. It is amazing what still lurks in old jewellry boxes. Thomas wore my Dad's old dinner jacket, which I used to wear myself in the 80s. The other costumes were brilliant too, ranging from Margaret Thatcher to Wonder Woman. There was a mixture of wonderful and truly awful music - which surely sums up that decade, it was all so over the top and theatrical. And no longer being angst-ridden teenagers, we enjoyed it all so much more.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pg slot ปิ้งยิ่งที่สุดแล้วก็ฝากถอนเงินในแต่ละครั้งได้ไม่มีอย่างน้อย สิทธิพิเศษสำหรับในการวางเดิมพันที่จะสามารถทำให้ทุกๆคนใกล้ PG SLOT เงินจำนวนเป็นอันมาก

    ReplyDelete